Epson EX5210 Projector (Portable XGA 3LCD, 2800 lumens color brightness,
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010, Full HD 1080p, 2D and
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705 HD 720p 3LCD Home Theater
HDMI Video Theater Projector for Wii, ps3, Xbox, DVD, Notebook
ViewSonic PRO8200 1080p DLP Home Theatre Projector 1920 x1080 (1080p)
Optoma HD66 2500ANSI Lumens 4000:1 3D-Ready DLP Home Theater Projector
FIND SPECIFIC PRODUCT
Optoma HD20 1080p DLP Projector
Today Best Deals !
Save $10 on a purchase of $50 of qualifying Stromgren sportswear.
Expires Jul 1, 2013. $10 off $50 from Stromgren. Buy Now >>
Optoma HD20 is one of the few 1080p projectors that are priced at $999, the usual price of 720p projectors. The specifications of HD20 are pretty basic but considering the price, it is more than a steal.
Optoma HD20 Features
Optoma HD20 has a true high definition resolution of 1080p, with 1.2x manual zoom and focus. The users of HD20 back the quality of the 1080p and zoom, but say that the focus is almost non-existent. It has a contrast ratio of 4,000:1, and ANSI contrast 500:1.
The color controls of Optoma HD20 are pretty easy to adjust. HD20 meets most peoples color requirements, although the black levels are not as impressive. This is quite funny because it has an ImageAI feature, which is designed to enhance black levels.
But, the other colors can be adjusted easily and with ample precision. To many critics, HD20 is a perfect family room DLP projector. You wouldn’t really mind the blacks that look like grays occasionally because the HD20 performs way better than the rest of its contemporaries in the same price range.
However, critics are quick to point out that its flesh tones are outstanding. It can give the more expensive units a run for their money.
Overall, images on the screen are very pleasing to the eyes. They’re more than decent enough for regular movie marathons and game nights. Also, the brightness is exceptional for its kind, with more than 700 lumens.
You can tweak the noise of the images but users say that it usually doesn’t need to be tweaked. Finally, the lamp life of HD20 lasts for around 3,000 hours if in full-power, but it can go up to 4,000 hours if the projector is put in eco-mode.
Pros of the Optoma HD20:
- Optoma HD20 is a steal for its price. Online retailers list the HD projector at around $900, just below $1,000. This aspect deserves to be mentioned first because all the rest of the features are justified by the price.
- HD20 is a small and handy DLP projector. It’s portable enough to take to meetings in different locations.
- This HD Projector starts up in just a minute, quietly.
- When it says 1080p, it really means 1080p. Moreover, it is the least expensive 1080p projector in the market.
- Many customers say that bulb life of the projector is long, at 4,000 hours.
Cons of the Optoma HD20:
- Complaints about the Optoma HD20 come from its relatively poor black levels. The black sections of the images look gray.
- This unit is prone to overheating. It would be a good idea to run it in a cool place, since the cooling system isn’t as efficient as expected.
- Mounting is a challenge because the wrong spot will make the light bleed a little.
- It does not have lens-focusing capabilities.
What are the thoughts of customers about the Optoma HD20? Well, many customers are satisfied with their purchase. Smart consumers know that they should always understand the value of what they are paying for.
Despite the shortcomings of Optoma HD20, consumers are still satisfied with this HD projector because it gives them more than what they are paying for. Remember, you can only buy decent projectors that deliver their promises at almost $2,000.
It’s difficult to look for a projector below that price without an ample share of disappointments. Although the HD20 can still use a lot of improvement, it is a reliable all-around projector that can be used on a flat surface or mounted. It can be used for business meetings or home entertainment.
The images projected by Optoma HD20 are sharp enough for watching basketball, football, concerts, and popcorn movies. Click Here for more information on the Optoma HD20 1080p DLP Projector
Leave a Reply
Price : [wpramaprice asin="B000CRT07U"]
Price : [wpramaprice asin="B002Z2WAA4"]
Price : [wpramaprice asin="B005J31BCY"]